Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Mongrel People


Today, once again, I have been reminded of the amazing things that G-D is doing in the world, fulfilling bible prophecy, despite a concerted effort by all that is evil in the world to stop it.
All through the prophets you read about the return of G-Ds children to the land of Israel, the number of times it is mentioned would take me to long to write, but it always starts with the tribe of Judah being the first to return and then it moves on to the rest of the tribes. Today we have over 6 million of the tribe of Judah now living in Israel and more are going there every day. If every Jewish person in the world, who knew for a fact that they were Jewish, were to go to Israel it would be somewhere around 13 million or more, however that is not likely to happen. Too many of the Jewish people who live here in the exile are comfortable here and many more don’t believe in the idea that they are G-Ds chosen so they scoff at the idea of returning to Israel.
I don’t claim to speak for G-D, but I do think I may have an idea of what He is doing to make up for those people who refuse to go home from the exile.
An orthodox Jewish tradition says that only a certain percentage of the Hebrews left the land of Egypt after an amazing deliverance by G-D. They had become so used to their bondage and slavery that the thought of taking a chance in the wilderness looked scarier than the idea of remaining slaves and so they stayed behind to fade away into history. G-D, however, had a plan. He brought out a mixed multitude of Egyptians along with the Hebrew slaves. Exodus 12 :38 JPS” Moreover, a mixed multitude went up with them..” the words “mixed multitude” literally means a “mongrel race” suggesting that many of those who went with them were a mix of peoples, perhaps even a mix of Hebrews and Egyptians, and I think that this may be a precursor as to what is going to happen soon.
One of the things that I have learned about G-D is that He has lots of patience. He warned the Israelites what was going to happen to them if they didn’t change their ways but He also gave them a lot of time to do so. They didn’t change and eventually the things He said would happen did. This, I believe, is going to happen again in the near future. G-D has been calling the Jewish people out of their exile for the past 60 years or more and while many have listened many more have not. G-d isn’t going to wait forever and this is where I think I may have an idea of some of what He has planned.
You see I have witnessed this very unusual phenomenon of Jews and Gentiles getting together in relationships and leaning towards Judaism as the way to raise their families. I am not saying all of them mind you, but it has proven to be true at least amongst those that I know. I had another example of that shared with me today.  On top of all that you have many people, who are of the nations, entire families of people, as well as individuals, who are, in mass, turning to the G-D of Israel and rejecting the religions of their fathers. Even amongst many Christian groups they are now turning toward the G-D of Israel and the Torah looking for the answers. In short the nations of mixed people, all us mongrels, are looking to the G-D of Israel for the answers, and as a result we have come to love the G-D of Israel and His Torah.
Here are two verses, out of many, that I want to share with you. That give an idea of what I think is about to happen.  The first is Isa.11:11-13
It shall come to pass in that day That the Lord shall set His hand again the second time To recover the remnant of His people who are left, From Assyria and Egypt, From Pathros and Cush, From Elam and Shinar, From Hamath and the islands of the sea. He will set up a banner for the nations, And will assemble the outcasts of Israel, And gather together the dispersed of Judah From the four corners of the earth. Also the envy of Ephraim shall depart, And the adversaries of Judah shall be cut off; Ephraim shall not envy Judah, And Judah shall not harass Ephraim.

Hosea 2:23 Then I will sow her for Myself in the earth, And I will have mercy on her who had not obtained mercy; Then I will say to those who were not My people, ‘You are My people!’
And they shall say, ‘You are my God!’”

So what I think is going to happen is simple. G-D is going to wait only so long for all of the tribe of Judah to leave the exile and return to Israel and then He is going to open the way for those who have a heart for Israel and a love for Him and the Torah. Israel’s borders will expand with the numbers of those who will come and Jacob will have to expand his tent.
Can I prove that this is the way it will happen? No. But if history is any example and if you believe, as I do, that the prophecies will happen,  then I will say that is all the proof I need.
Read the prophets, decide for yourself.
Shalom.


No comments: