Thursday, February 16, 2012

Be Still

Psalm 46: 10 Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! I have had that verse running through my head this morning and I have to admit that I am finding it difficult to do. The " be still" part that is. There was a time, in this country, that a religious person was given an amount of respect, because ,while not everyone was religious, most believed that at some point you would have to answer to G-D for your soul, so you didn't want to mock people of faith and add to your sins. How times have changed. Not only is there little to no respect of anyone religious, but our nation has gone to the opposite extreme, if your Christian or Jew, anyhow. Today both Judaism and Christianity are mocked and ridiculed by the elites in the government and Hollywood. Essentially your moral values and or beliefs, are worthless, unless they agree with the state policy or what Hollywood is trying to promote. This is what we have become. You may believe what you wish and worship or not as you see fit, or at least you should be able to under the Constitution, but apparently that's not the case anymore. You will do as the government tells you too and if you don't like it you will be fined and or imprisoned ,your morals and conscience doesn't matter anymore. Strange how Hollywood can produce movies that suggests that there are no consequences to free sex and yet those same people will push for forced compliance for religious institutions to pay for abortions and birth control which they, religious institutions, believe to be morally wrong. Perhaps the better solution is to let the Hollywood elite pay for all of it seeings how they are constantly telling us it's OK to be sexually free. I have tried to tell people that if we go down this path on religion, that it's only a matter of time before they come after something that you believe in. No one ,so it seems any how, is listening. So be it. So I go right back to "Be still and know that I am G-D" in the end G-d will not be mocked, in the end ,as it says in the verse, "I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." It really doesn't matter if anyone listens to me, I have done my part, but when G-D speaks there will be no doubt who is in charge, so I will be still, and everyone will know that He is G-D.

No comments: