Sunday, December 20, 2009

What If We are Wrong ?

Back in the dark ages when I was a Marine, we always had this saying "It's the other guys fault!" I was in communications and it was real easy to get your connections screwed up. It didn't matter how well you planned something out, at some point something was going to go wrong and so when that happened it became the other guys fault. Now that wasn't always true, but if you could blame someone else for the problems at hand, even while your trying to fix the problem on your end, you at least could make yourself look good. The problem with this,as you can probably imagine, is that as long as everyone was pointing at each other saying that "they " are wrong and "we" are right, the truth of the matter wouldn't come out and communications would stay down.

So whats the point? Here is a simple question for you; What if "they" are right?
What do I mean? For most of my life I have listened to people argue and say that the Jews have it all wrong, that they missed the Messiah and then in the end they will recognize him and all will be saved, I am paraphrasing a a lot here, but the question remains the same; What if they are the ones that are right?

The other day I made a comment, thinking that I was correcting an error, that a Jewish person posted on line and I was blasted in all directions by those who were correcting me for my error! I must say that one lady there did come to my defense, she had gone to Catholic schools as a child so she knew where I was coming from, but everyone else jumped all over me. I was told everything from Jesus wasn't a real person, he wasn't G-D, to he was nothing but a religious metaphor,a story told to erring Jews to keep them in line! I was a bit humbled to say the least, to me I was correcting what I thought was an error in thought only to be put in my place!

So for the sake of argument, I did a google search and just typed in "Is Jesus real"
and I had many multiple hits saying that he wasn't real, or that he was real however he wasn't considered to be G-D until after the council of Nicea, and this being the time that they started adopting pagan holy days as well. The amount of material out there was somewhat staggering! Now I realize that you can find pretty much anything that your looking for on line, and like all forms of communications you have to look and see if someone has an agenda when they are writing, but does it make them wrong?

What I find to be interesting is that many Christians believe that the people of Israel are still G-D's children but still believe that they are wrong in their beliefs. Many understand the center of the world is not the USA but instead is the land of Israel and most will agree that the ushering in of the New kingdom and the Messianic age will happen in Israel. Yet will continue to say that they have it all wrong. Again my question; what if they are the ones that are right? What if it's us that have our communications all screwed up and while G-D has still blessed us, we are the ones that don't have it right?

Consider the history of the Jewish people. According to the Old Testament,they threw themselves at the foreign god's to the point of where G-d put them into captivity and spread them out all over the world. In finally returning to Israel they have become very pointed about only serving G-D. They have gone from a multiple god people to a one G-D people. What makes us so sure that we are right and they are wrong? We speak of a 3 in 1 G-D as a way to explain the Father, Son, and Holy ghost yet Jesus himself told his disciples to worship the Father and even told them how. The "holy Spirit came upon his disciples at Pentecost and they received power from G-D to do amazing things, but no one worships the Holy Spirit, So it comes back to worshiping one G-D. Again the question is asked; How is that they are wrong?

Here is a couple of text as well that might get you to thinking.

Zech. 8:23 Thus says the Lord of hosts: In those days 10 men from every language of the nations shall grasp the sleeve of a Jewish man saying, Let us go with you, for we have heard that G-D is with you.

Jeremiah 16:19-20 O Lord my refuge and strength and my fortress, My refuge in the day of affliction, The Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say; Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.Will a man make gods for himself, Which are not gods?

What do you suppose is meant by these verses and others like them? I tend to believe that it is we who are going to discover that we are wrong and we will turn to them and to G-D for the truth.

I am leaving you here, at this sort of awkward point. I am not here to make decisions for you and I don't have any cute cliche's to go with this. I just want you to think.

What if we are wrong and they are right?

Shalom,
Ignacio

No comments: