Monday, November 16, 2009

Jeremiah 16

This Morning I ran across this text in Jeremiah 16 that I thought I would share with you , perhaps as way to give some real hope in a very troubling time in our world and to show that G-D knows whats going on but He has made a promise that some day people will see where they have gone wrong and will return to Him.

Jer.16:19-21 O LORD, my strength and my fortress,
My refuge in the day of affliction,
The Gentiles shall come to You
From the ends of the earth and say,

“ Surely our fathers have inherited lies,
Worthlessness and unprofitable things.”
20 Will a man make gods for himself,
Which are not gods?
21 “ Therefore behold, I will this once cause them to know,
I will cause them to know
My hand and My might;
And they shall know that My name is the LORD.

First you have Jeremiah acknowledging the fact that G-D is his refuge strength and fortress. We all need to remember that when is all said and done, that with G-D the biggest armies in the world can not prevail against us, they can threaten, they can make life tough but they cannot do anything to us that G-D does not allow.

But the next part is really the best when it speaks of the Gentiles coming to G-D. Why? Because they have come to realize that what they have been taught has been nothing but a pack of lies and they are longing for the real truth of G-D.

They have come to realize that the god's that their fathers have been worshiping were nothing but false god's and they are looking for the truth! Things will turn around at some point, people will start looking for the real G-d of Abraham and G-D says that He will cause them to know Him! Why? Because they realized the truth that what they had been taught was nothing but a lie and because they came seeking G-D.

G-D can still be found by those who seek Him. Never give up on anyone!

Shalom,
Ignacio

No comments: